A restart/reboot of the device you're playing on is a great first troubleshooting step that can solve many issues and improve your device's performance. Here are steps to do this for several popular consoles and devices:
- Select and hold the "Xbox" button on the controller.
- Select "Settings" from the navigation.
- Select "Restart console."
- Select "Yes" to confirm.
(NOTE: If you are unable to perform the above please try either holding the power button for 10 seconds or pulling the physical power cable out and waiting 10 seconds before re-inserting and trying again)
- Via the device (disc or digital version): press and hold the Power button until it beeps twice, approximately 3 seconds (one beep will only put it in "Rest Mode").
- Via the controller: press the PS button on your controller to bring up the quick menu, then select "Restart".
(NOTE: This will only restart the PS5; if you need to rebuild the database or do a full reset, please refer to Sony's support site.)
- Select and hold the "PS" button on the controller.
- Select "Power".
- Select "Turn Off PS4" or "Restart PS4" (do not select "Enter Rest Mode" as this will not fully turn off the device).
(NOTE: You may also hold the power button for at least 7 seconds until the system beeps twice. You may also disconnect the AC power cord from the electricity supply only when the power indicator is off. If you disconnect it while the power indicator is lit or blinking, data might be lost or corrupted, and you might damage your system.)
- Press and hold the "Power" button for at least three seconds.
- Select "Power Options" (do not select "Sleep Mode" as this will not fully turn off the device).
- Select either 'Restart" or "Turn Off".
- Press and hold the "Select" and "Play/Pause" buttons at the same time for about 5 seconds.
(NOTE: You can also go to Settings Device Restart from the Fire TV menu. Additionally, you may disconnect the power plug from the back of the device to the outlet although this should only be if no other steps work. Depending on your Android TV device similar steps may work as well)
- Press and hold both the "Menu" and "Home" buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds.
- The white light on the Apple TV will begin flashing, let go.
- The Apple TV will restart.
(NOTE: You an also go to Settings System Restart. Additionally you may also pull the power cord although this should only be done if the other options are not available.)